Our company is growing rapidly, and we are currently seeking an experienced Plumber to join our team. In this position, the Plumber will be responsible for all aspects of the installation, maintenance, inspection, operation and repair of the plumbing systems in commercial and residential buildings.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package and consistent, long-term work. Experienced and qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Maintenance and Repair
- Assemble, install, maintain, and pressure test all pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, drainage, sprinkler, and gas systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Determine sources of plumbing malfunctions and complete repairs as indicated or according to work orders.
- Install and repair pipes, fittings, valves, fixtures, and plumbing system equipment, including sinks, commodes, water heaters, water softeners, etc.
- Repair dishwashers and kitchen equipment that incorporate gas or water consumption.
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
- Maintain inventory of district owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Work with building principals and supervisors to complete projects.
- Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment following established inspection procedures.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Other duties could include working in other areas of the maintenance department to provide support during absences or shortage of staff in other trades or to perform duties associated with light construction projects.
- Requires flexibility and understanding that all maintenance staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately
- Indiana journeyman plumber license
- Valid Indiana driver’s license
- Knowledge of plumbing repairs, maintenance, and installation techniques
- Knowledge of plumbing codes
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Five years experience in plumbing field